26 August 2006

rainy days and mondays :: and cats

why is it that the first weekend in ages i have nothing to do comes around and it's raining? i guess that's just what happens. when i woke to the sounds of the rain beating against my air conditioner - i instantly thought it was the cats getting into crap under my bed.

between myself and my roommate we have 3 - 3 too many most days - but in all they are ok - as a matter of fact - bernie (the girl) - is sitting next to me kneading the bed. she's clearly the ring leader of the group - and the runt - she's the one that is always getting into things - creating chaos - and then denying she was involved by being 'cute' - purring so loudly she sounds like a boat - and doing that 'love me' nudge that cats do when they are trying to get attention. then we have grayson (he's mine) - grayson is a very large tuxedo cat - he's very beautiful - my friend brent found him in a trash can in harlem when he was 2 weeks old - he was the tiniest thing - i took him in - he never left (the cat not brent) - he's the lazy one - constantly asleep in the bathroom sink - on the table - couch - bed - etc. finally we have woodward - woodward is always mentioned last because we forget woodward is around most of the time - he's the hermit - and the lovable oaf of the group - he stays to himself in nick's (my roommate's) room - and comes out to eat - poop - and to wrestle with grayson.

see this is what rainy days on a saturday do to me - cause me to sit back and write about the 3 cats that live within our brooklyn apartment.

No comments: